Sunday, November 25, 2012

I am TALENTED!

Today we did a fun Sunday afternoon activity.  Our lesson in Sunday School was about Talents.  I decided that I wanted each of our children to understand that they had been blessed with many talents.  I told them about the parable of the talents that Christ taught in Matthew Chapter 25: 15-29.  We talked about how if we use our talents we will be blessed with more.  

I then had each child come up and I put five of their talents on their fingers.  They each made a plan for how they could use one of their talents today.  Then we stuck their talents in their journals.  They were all beaming and so happy to see all of their talents.  They asked if we could do this at least every month!  





P.S. The Eyre's have a similar tradition that Shawni shared here.

Matthew Chapter 25:

 15 And unto one he agave five btalents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
 29 For unto every one that hath shall be agiven, and he shall havebabundance: but from him that hath not shall be ctaken away even that which he hath.

Related Posts with Thumbnails